Rocio Vigne creates with love, care and a perfect brush all of her fashion illustrations. Here is a bit about her.
Name: Rocio Vigne
Place of origin: Spain
Place current residence: Munich
Occupation: Telecommunication Engineer / Artist
Got any passions? Music, art, fashion, familly, tea, nature, reading
1. What are strong work ethics for you?
I need to feel that people is happy with my work.
2. Did you always wanted to be where you currently are?
Actually no. I’ve always loved painting but I didn’t think of becoming a professional artist, I thought I wasn’t good enough. This has come suddenly. I started painting and drawing as a hobby and people liked my drawings and started asking me for more.
3. What do you think has been the most important thing you have accomplished so far?
Having four kids. This is the most challenging thing I’ve ever faced so far.
4. What do you think it will be the most important thing you will accomplish in the future?
I think it will be to find a balance between being able to take care of my family and follow my dreams.
5. Which has been the most recurrent stereotype you have had to deal with as an entrepreneur / freelancer?
Perhaps the idea that an artist can live out of publicity, advertising, or barter deals. That new artists can be paid just with a blog post or a mention on twitter. That helps a lot indeed, and I really appreciate it, but artist need to give value to their work and receive a payment for it.
6. You used to work in a usual 9-5 job, what drove you to make yourself independent?
Maternity. I took some years to take care of my kids and I painted on my free time, which I don't have a lot of, I must admit.
7. How does a perfect day look like to you?
A perfect day starts with a hug of my kids waking me up, preparing a good breakfast for everybody with my husband and enjoying our time together talking about our things while the kids are playing. Spend time painting with my kids, they love painting with me and we make a mess but we enjoy each other so much... for me a perfect day is a family day, with some painting, sport, an ice-cream...